As a Transport Vehicle with Driver (VTC), your activity is part of the transport of people for a fee. To ensure your safety and that of your customers, here are the essential insurance to subscribe.
The conditions to become a VTC driver
To get started as a VTC driver, you must already choose a legal status (most often that of micro-entrepreneur). Then, as a driver, you have to fulfill several conditions:
- Possess a B license for more than 3 years;
- Request a certificate of physical fitness from the prefecture;
- Do not have a criminal record or conviction of more than 6 months;
- Take a 250-hour training or have at least one year’s experience in the last 10 years in the transportation of people;
- Have Level 1 First Aid Training (PSC1) less than 2 years old
- Make the request in prefecture of a professional card of VTC.
For you or for hire, your vehicle must also meet certain requirements:
- Can accommodate from 4 to 9 people;
- To be less than 6 years old;
- Measure more than 4.5 meters;
- Benefit from a minimum power of 120 horses;
- Be registered in the Register of Transport Cars with Drivers (VTC);
- Have a sticker on the front or back with an operator number;
- Possess a certificate of registration valid for 3 years.
Namely: the regulations are not the same for VTC and taxis.
Since 1 October 2014, VTC drivers must subscribe to an offer of professional liability . This covers all damage (physical, material or immaterial) that may be caused to your customers, third parties and property. It comes in two parts:
- Civil liability traffic , which covers you against damage caused by your vehicle on passengers, third parties or objects.
- Operational Liability , which covers you against damages suffered by a customer, a third party or an object without any involvement of the vehicle.
For example: you damage the luggage of one of your customers by rolling on it; you are wrong on your itinerary and your client misses his plane; you have an accident during a race and a third is injured by your vehicle.
Being your main working tool, your professional vehicle must also be protected from the damage and hazards of everyday life (accidents, thefts, fires …). So that you exercise your activity in all serenity, all-risk auto insurance takes into account:
- Civil liability and defense;
- Assistance troubleshooting, accident or breakdown, zero kilometer;
- The driver’s guarantee
- The guarantee of damages suffered by the vehicle;
- Taking charge of your transport costs the downtime of your vehicle;
- The professional and personal use of your vehicle.